Monday, September 8, 2014

The Riverside Cafe @ The Peninsula Bangkok, Thailand

During our visit to Bangkok we once went to the Riverside Cafe and Terrace at the Peninsula Hotel.

We were greeted warmly and our reservation confirmation taken from us. We could decide if we wanted to sit outside or inside. Since it was in the sweltering heat of the afternoon we asked for a table inside.

One waiter was designated to us. He brought our menus, took our orders and served the meal. The service was great and attentive as we expected it to be.

We had two mocktails (Yummy for me and Be Cool), one handmade penne with salmon and lemon sauce and Khao Soi (Chiang Mai coconut chicken curry).

Because I had heard Northern Thai cuisine can be hot (spicy) I asked how spicy the curry was. The waiter advised it was mild.

I was happy when different condiments arrived with my curry and I could regulate how hot I wanted it.

The penne were nicely creamy and lemony.

We paid 1742 THB (ca.41 Euro or ca. 54.70 USD).

We enjoyed the cool and understated interior, the floor to ceiling windows, the attentive staff and the great meal.


©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment