Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Meeting the board



In this story Casey Noose is twenty one month old. Casey was at her father's work place, because her mother got suddenly sick and couldn't take care of Casey. Mrs. Graziano was a member of the board of directors, who wanted to meet the person, who solved the fraud and burglary case bugging the company. They arrived unannounced and found not only Fin Noose in his office, but also his daughter. Mrs. Graziano is in her late thirties.

I missed my Mama and cried. Daddy was there, but I still wanted Mama. She didn’t come. It was a big disappointment. Daddy tried hard to calm me. I felt inconsolable. The strangers in the room didn’t make the situation easier for me. I don’t like people I’ve never seen in my whole life. Watching them interact with my Daddy, who explained things to them I didn’t understand, I liked an old lady and wanted to go to her.
Daddy and the lady understood, so I gave her a big smile as soon as I was in her arms. She was delighted. The woman reminded me of my Abuelita. She smelled even slightly like her, which reminded me that Grandma was coming to visit us for something called Christmas. Since I didn’t know when Christmas was I wanted to check and asked: “Abuelita?” The old lady frowned. “I am not your grandmother.” The woman said disgruntled. That was an odd answer to my question. “Mm, I don’t think Casey believes you’re her grandmother, Mrs. Graziano. She wants to know when her real one is coming.” My Daddy told Mrs. Graziano. To me he said: “You have to sleep two times and Granny is going to be with you.” I wondered if this included my naps or only the nights. It would have been nice, if it would be with the naps included. I doubted it, though. I was glad Mrs. Graziano wasn’t angry with me anymore and the focus changed to Daddy’s work and of course I was right that my Granny did arrive on the third day.

©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment