Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Fund

Ivan and Sam Richards are at loggerheads again. This time Sam is an adult and its about money. But is everything as it seems?

"If you are going to marry Hue, I'm going to disinherit you." Ivan Richards told his grandson Samuel, who was very upset. "Before you loose your temper, let me finish. I thought about what we discussed during your last visit. I know what you are going to do, no matter what my opinion is." "And what am I going to do?" Samuel asked, still on the verge of loosing his temper. "You are going to adopt her children and support them." "And you think I won't do that, if you disinherit me?" Samuel's face had flushed. His voice showed outrage. "Let me continue. I thought I make it easier for you. You probably haven't spent much thought on college funding for Roscoe and Tina or any other subsequent kids. I have, so I'll transfer your part of the fund to them." Ivan Richards had a fund for all of his grandchildren. He continued: "If, as you say, money isn't so important for you, you won't mind." Slowly Sam's grandfather's words sank in. Sam was grateful. He really didn't need the fund, and in all honesty his relationship with Hue was only very short going on, so he hadn't made so far reaching plans for the future besides wanting to marry Hue. Grandpa's idea was good, though. "Thank you." Sam said. He was glad the kids education was covered, but hoped his grandfather lived for many years to come.





©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment