Thursday, January 19, 2012

Red - Part 5

It has been ages ago that I wrote Red Part 1 to 4. Now I had  the time to finish the story. Hope you enjoy reading the adventures of the cat Dante.

Again I was sitting at the window sill at the kitchen. I hadn't seen Red for months and thought she was gone forever. Suddenly I saw her. A man was after her and tried to catch her. I hoped she was going to escape. Just in case I thought I better inform Sam. First I had to find him. He was in the living room, working on his newest novel. The door was closed, so I scratched on it. It always gets his attention, because he doesn't like it, when I'm doing it. I also shouted. It didn't take very long for Sam to emerge. "What's going on, Dante? I don't have time." He was a little bit short. I told him Red was in danger, and I wanted his help. He didn't understand a word, so I went towards the entrance and back, meowing. Sam still didn't get it. I had seen Rocky, a dog and a friend, directing his master in the right direction, so I went to Sam, bit into his trouser and pushed a bit. "Dante, what's wrong with you?" He was getting angry. I let go and went again to the door. Slowly my servant understood I wanted his attention. Thank goodness he followed me. I went outside. He was hot on my heels. The man had snatched Red and put her into a cage. I hoped Sam could do something to help her. He stopped dead in his tracks looking from me to Red. "Hey, you! What are you doing with my cat?" He shouted at the stranger. The man hadn't been prepared for that. "Umh, she was straying in the area for a couple of days now..." "So just because Kitty likes to be out and about, you thought you could take her? What were you planning to do with her?" Sam was outraged or pretended to be. The guy wasn't used to it. He stammered he was just doing his job. "And what is your job?" Sam interrogated. "I work for an animal shelter." "Really? What's the name, and do you have an ID? I want to see it." The man took a step back. He had been lying. "Why don't I simply give back your Kitty, and we forget about it?" "Alright." Red knew what was at stake, when she was released from the cage. She accepted it, when Sam picked her up and scratched her behind the ears.
Red was thankful. Her ears pricked, when Sam told her she could stay, if he couldn't locate her owner, so Red was soon a family member. Sometimes we were fighting, but mostly we enjoyed each others company. She was different from me. Her favorite human was Hue , Sam's fiancée, while my contact was Sam, but I also liked the kids. She was weary of Alyssa, the youngest daughter of the house. Because Alyssa was very small, she didn't know how to deal with us cats and could be sometimes rough or wanted to eat our food. I took it cool, but it was upsetting for Red.
Well, of course Sam didn't forget about the man and warned the neighbors about the stranger.




©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment