Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Encounter

This is for Hue fans and tells about a meeting from three different view points. Hope you like it. :)

Alyssa's view

Parents! They always worry! Mommy made a drama today, because I patted the neighbor’s doggy. There's nothing wrong with it. I like Metzger's fur and his lolling tongue. His eyes are pretty nice. I know he loves me, and I adore him, too. What is this fuss all about? He's a nice doggy!

Hue's view
My daughter Alyssa just turned one. She is quite a handful and loves nothing better than to explore. She is absolutely fearless. Since a few weeks my little red head can walk, making it even more difficult to keep an eye on her. Alyssa had been fussing and didn't want to stay in her buggy. We were very close to our home, so I allowed her to walk with me, holding my hand. On the way home we met our new neighbors. They have a huge Rottweiler, called Metzger. I guess he weighs something between 110 and 130 pounds. Whenever somebody walks along their fence, he barks like mad. I'm a bit afraid of him. I greeted the neighbors. Somehow Alyssa managed to wriggle her hand from mine and was hugging the dog. My blood froze. I feared Metzger was going to tear Alyssa apart. Instead he accepted the hug and the rough attempts of Alyssa to pat him. She was still too small to understand animals prefer to be stroked soft or that they can be dangerous. The rest of the family tried to teach her with our cat Dante, but we hadn't been successful yet. When I tried to pry Alyssa from Metzger, she protested. Metzger thought I threatened Alyssa and growled at me, baring his teeth. I took involuntarily a step back. Mrs. Miller told Metzger to shut up and re-assured me everything was okay and Metzger wouldn't attack me. I didn't feel very much re-assured. In the end I picked up my daughter and explained to her, why I was worried. We said good bye to Mrs. Miller and went home. From then on I was extra careful, when Alyssa and I were out and about.

Metzger's view

I love little humans. The one across the street is really cute. She is a bit rough and likes pulling my ears, but it doesn't matter. In fact I like it. My mistress and I met the big female human and the little one. I can smell the bigger one fears me. It was no wonder she disapproved of the puppy to hug me and patting me. I enjoyed it. Alyssa and I didn't want to be separated, so I made it clear to the human I wouldn't accept it. Unfortunately my mistress ordered me to keep quiet. Too soon our neighbors were leaving. I can't wait to see the little one again. Maybe she wants to ride on me like my mistress' sons did, when they were small.



©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment