Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Handbags

Thank you, EW, for the inspiration behind the story.

Hue Alexander was walking past the Miller's house. She had a Louis Vuitton handbag slung around the shoulder. The Miller's dog Metzger, a Rottweiler, was barking like mad behind the fence. Hue had enough. She took her bag off her shoulder and flung it over the fence. Suddenly Metzger stopped to bark. He sniffed at the handbag, picked it up with his mouth and threw it back at Hue, who was nearly knocked out, when it hit her head. She heard a gruff voice saying: "It's not a Hermes Birkin bag!" Hue didn't believe her ears. Dogs didn't talk! "Hey, lady, do you have a Birkin bag?" The gruff voice came across the fence. Hue recovered and said she had one. "Can I borrow it, please?" Hue was still shell shocked she was talking to a dog. "For what would you need a bag, you're a dog!" "It's not for me. It's for my love. She likes to put in her make up and bones, when she goes out. Please, please lend it to me." Metzger begged. "Okay, but under one condition." "What is it? What is it?" The dog asked excited. "Don't bark at me anymore. It frightens me and please don't attack my youngest daughter Alyssa." "That's two conditions, but okay, I'll do it." Metzger agreed. "Give me just a second, and I'll get the bag for you." Hue said. "I'm not running away."  The Rottweiler promised. Hue went looking for the Hermes bag. She was about to throw it over the neighbor's fence, when the alarm clock woke her. The dream had been so realistic, Hue needed a moment to get her orientation back. For the rest of the day she was amused imagining a Rottweiler with make up, a pink dress and a Berkin bag filled with bones.





©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment