Wednesday, November 23, 2011

She - Part 4

Well, I was at my favorite place again, curled up on the window sill. This time at the kitchen overlooking the street. In all honesty I kept an eye out for Red. Sometimes my imagination was playing games with me and I thought I saw her, but I was mistaken. Then I saw a flash of red in the neighbor’s garden. At first I thought I was day dreaming again. Soon I realized it was really Red and got agitated. The neighbors had a big dog, called Metzger. He was very territorial, and I feared he was going to tear Red apart. Not thinking I forgot there was glass in the window and banged my head full against it. I saw stars. By the time I was back to normal, I saw Red leaving the area. Urgently I jumped up, and left the house for the first time since I arrived. I was too late and lost sight of Red. Maybe next time I was luckier and was able to catch up with Red, so that we could clear the air.




©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment