Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A second chance

Hue receives an interesting phone call from a friend. Is Sam really cheating on her?
He still loved her. Now he saw her kissing another guy! Jealousy ran through Hunter Mortensen. Well, he had no reason, he knew. They were separated and heading for a divorce on his request. But still... Studying the couple closer, Hunter realized his wife had a toy boy. The man in question was dark haired and around twenty five at least that was Hunters guess. He barely controlled himself. If he wouldn't have, he would have caused a scene and asked Sophia Isabelle's boyfriend to step outside the bar into a side alley... Instead his arm tightened around his attractive companion.

Another female guest was looking with interest at the kissing couple. Zara Barkley had at first not recognized the man, but he seemed familiar, so she checked him out again. Definitely! It was the fiancé of her friend Hue. Zara didn't like Sam Richards. She thought he was a penny pincher and totally unromantic. He had her embarrassed in public, too, so here was Zara's chance to get even. There was also a little bit envy involved. Zara wasn't admitting it, not even to herself.

Sophia Isabelle had seen her husband, so Hunter couldn't simply slide away. They were still on speaking terms. Hunter went to the other couple and introduced his girl friend Cassie Bonham. Hunter couldn't avoid saying: "I thought you eat fruit only pure." Sophia Isabelle and her boy friend were sharing a chocolate fondue and feeding each other with chocolate dipped strawberries. "Well, Sam has taught me to enjoy myself sometimes. Why are you in New York?" It was Cassie, a bimbo, in Sophia Isabelle's opinion, who answered. "We are on vacation. Huni and I went shopping, and he is so generous." Cassie nearly jumped up and down in delight, her big boobs were wobbling. Sam smiled, but inwardly groaned. As attractive as Cassie might be with long blond hair and legs, ten inch high platform shoes and large breasts, she seemed not very stimulating on an intellectual level. "And what brings you here?" Hunter asked. "Business. I'm very glad Sam had off, so he could accompany me." After a little small talk Hunter and Cassie went to a free table. Hunter chose his seat so he could watch what his wife was up to. Cassie chatted away, not realizing Hunter didn't listen at all. He followed every move of his stylish wife. Sophia Isabelle was brown haired, in her mid fifties and took care what she looked like. Soph - that was her nick name - wore always designer clothing. Her toy boy didn't seem to be poor either. Hunter had identified the brand of the watch Sam was wearing. It was a Rolex.
A muscle was twitching in Hunter's face, when Soph and Sam continued feeding each other and kissing. After a while they left and Soph picked up the tap. Hunter was puzzled. First Soph didn't take care what she was eating, and now she was paying for this guy? It was highly unusual behavior for her.
Cassie still didn't notice Hunter wasn't paying any attention to her. He was still fighting with his jealousy and realized Sophia Isabelle meant more to him than he thought. Did she really love Sam? He needed to talk to her.

At first Hunter didn't dare to call her, because he feared Sam was with her. Hunter tried not to think about Soph and Sam in bed. Of course his fantasy was unstoppable. Did she the same things with her lover than with him? Had they often sex? Hunter couldn't take it any longer. He rang the operator and asked to be connected to his wife's room. She accepted the call. "Can I come over? I need to talk to you." Sophia Isabelle played the ice queen, a role she managed fine. Her heart was thumping with excitedness. "Sorry, Huni, I have to get up very early tomorrow. My charge and I are expected in Memphis." Hunter felt angry. Soph used Cassie's nickname ironic. He swallowed his pride and asked again: "Please, Sophia Isabelle, it's important..." "Okay, but make it short, Hunter. I don't want to waste my time."
Sophia Isabelle changed her clothing in record time. She hadn't been lying, when she told her husband Sam and she had to leave early for La Guardia. In fact she had her wake up call set for 5 AM and relaxed with her book in bed, ready to switch off the light and settle for sleep within minutes. Sophia Isabelle didn't want Hunter to see her in pajamas or with reading glasses, so she hid them quickly in her wardrobe and put on a silk dress, shimmering dark blue - she had bought it in Thailand. It was figure hugging. To finish the outfit Sophia Isabelle put on black high heels and combed her hair. There wasn't more time, otherwise she would have applied make up, too. Soph checked the outcome in the full length mirror critically, but was satisfied. At the same moment the door bell rang. It could be only Hunter! Her heart stopped beating for a moment before racing.
Soph opened the door. Hunter looked gorgeous. For her he was as attractive as thirty years ago, when they first met. His figure was still trim. His hair was dark, only the temples were graying. Soph loved Hunter. Of course she didn't show any emotions.
He had hurt her, when he told her it was over, and he had found somebody else. Somebody, who had time for him and wasn't brash, unlike Sophia Isabelle.
Hunter looked anxiously over Sophia Isabelle's shoulder, trying to see, if his competitor was there.
"Come in." Soph invited him. "Where is your ..."
"Sam? He has his own room. He snores. I can't stand being kept awake all night, listening to that noise." That sounded like Soph, alright.
"Sophia Isabelle, I ... Well, when I saw you with Sam I realized I have more feelings for you than I thought." "You should have thought about it, when you left me. I'm quite happy now." "I'm sorry, I hurt you. I couldn't take it any longer being married, but alone. You and your work are inseparable, and I have enough of playing the second fiddle." "Ah, yes. We had that discussion before. Numerous times. You know how important my career is to me. Sam understands it." "I see." Hunter looked so disappointed, Sophia Isabelle dropped her mask. "Well, I might consider giving our marriage another chance. I'm going to finish my relationship with Sam immediately and expect you do the same with Cassie. I don't want any intruders. I also promise I'm going to make time for you. It's not going to be easy for me to let go. Sometimes I will have to work longer hours, but tell me if I should fall back into my old ways. Should you ever cheat on me again, though, our marriage is over. Understood?" "Yes, Sophia Isabelle," Hunter replied meekly, "when can I move in?" "Not so fast, Hunter. We are taking it step by step. I don't want to go back to our old ways. I expect we renew our relationship, so we will see how it goes the next couple of months. We'll talk about it again then." Hunter didn't agree first, but thought a bit about it and found, Soph's idea hadn't been so stupid after all. He could woo her and show how much he really loved her. He had only fled into the relationship with Cassie to give Soph a wake up call, but it had back fired. Soph had agreed to the divorce instead of fighting for him.
Before they realized it, the tensions were reduced and talking until late in the night.

Sam met a devastated Cassie in the lobby. He was waiting for Sophia Isabelle, who should have shown up any minute. "Hunter has just finished our relationship. Did your girl friend do the same with you?" "Not yet, but if Sophia Isabelle does, it won't break my heart." He replied and thought Cassie had different motives to feel sorry for herself about the break up. "Why not?" " I guess, you and I want both the same. Their wealth, luxury gifts and travel. In exchange we make them feel young again and attractive." "You're a gigolo?" Cassie asked. Sam nodded and seemed complete serious. "Yes, and if Sophia Isabelle should decide to get rid of me, well, I'm looking for the next rich lady. It's no problem at all. You should look for another sugar daddy." Cassie was surprised Sam had guessed she was more concerned with luxury living than Hunter Mortensen. Well, he was right. Both of them were young, good looking and to find another partner, shouldn't prove difficult.
Soon Sophia Isabelle arrived with dark eye rings, but very happy indeed.

Sam called his fiancée Hue, when Sophia Isabelle and he connected in Dallas for their flight to Memphis. Hue was cold and Sam didn't understand why. "Yesterday I played Sophia Isabelle's toy boy. Her husband and his girl friend were at the same bar as we. I thought maybe, if Sophia Isabelle and I pretended to be in love, it would make Sophia Isabelle's husband rethink the divorce... " Suddenly Hue was warmer again. "What did you do in the bar together anyway?" "It was half business, half leisure. We discussed where I have to be today and what to do. She invited me for a drink, because I put up with her mood for the last couple of days." He didn't mention Sophia Isabelle had made sexual advances a couple of days earlier, when she was drunk. He had refused for different reasons. First of all he didn't think his fiancée would approve, if he would sleep around, second he liked and respected Sophia Isabelle, but couldn't imagine going to bed with her and third Sophia Isabelle's and his relationship was difficult enough. When they discussed Soph's behavior the next day, she was mortified. Sam promised to tell no one.
Hue surprised Sam by saying: "You know, I don't like sharing you, but I would have understood, if you had slept with Sophia Isabelle. I'm pregnant and obviously not always able to fulfill your needs." "Hue, don't worry about that. I love you, and I didn't have sex from the time of Adrianna's death until I was together with Tuyet, so I can do without it. It's important, but not that important." "Are you trying to tell me you lived nearly two years like a monk?” Hue sounded amused. Sam smiled. "No, I did what probably a lot of people do: masturbate." Sam was drawing attention, but he didn't care. Having pacified Hue and restored the trust between them was more important. Adrianna had been Sam's wife, who died in a car crash. Tuyet was Hue's older sister, whom Sam had been dating before falling in love with Hue.
Hue admitted, she had been cold, because Zara had informed her about what she had seen. Before confronting Sam, Hue wanted to check, if Sam came forward by himself with a good explanation, why he was kissing his publisher. Sam's reason made sense. Knowing from own experience, how compassionate and giving Sam was, it fitted his character. For Sam it didn't matter, if he and Soph were sometimes like cat and dog. When he saw the chance to help Sophia Isabelle, he used it.

Sophia Isabelle and Hunter used their second chance wisely. They behaved as if they didn't know each other, tried to do something new together and rebuilt the trust between them. When Hunter moved back in, Sophia Isabelle changed her work pattern. She still worked the same hours, but started earlier, so in the evening she had time for Hunter. It was exciting and both were happy to have each other back and grateful Sam had played cupid for them.




©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment